COVID-19: Driving Business Forward in Times of Disruption
These are really challenging times. Times that force all of us to reassess what matters most. To stay resilient and find new ways. To transform. To get creative.
As the global coronavirus pandemic is causing massive disruption around the world, we wanted to update you on how we’re approaching the situation at APPETITTE and to let you know that we are here for you and our community.
While the rapidly escalating COVID-19 global pandemic presents critical strategic, operational, and human capital challenges for many businesses, it is imperative that business leaders work together with chief marketers to leverage the uncertainty, minimize the possible revenue shortfalls down the road, and find new creative ways to connect, engage, and provide real value to customers and communities that drive the business forward.
Hence, in order to better serve our clients during these unprecedented times, we have revised our key service offerings to focus on the following two areas:
(1) Strategy Consulting: Interim Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) – to help businesses that are in need of an interim chief marketing officer to reassess the overall brand marketing strategy in the light of current affairs; and
(2) Sales Support: Revenue Enablement – to help ensure the transitional continuity of the overall marketing efforts by tapping into our smart marketing resources across the digital space.
More importantly, we want to assure you that we at APPETITTE are providing business continuity to serve our clients and their B2B marketing needs. APPETITTE has been largely a virtual working environment for over two years, and we now find this experience and discipline to be an asset and leverage for our clients, project teams, and partners. We are firm believers that smart marketing and sustainable business development are the main growth drivers and revenue enablers for any business. This is especially true during times of disruption.
Lastly, we would like to remind you to be extra vigilant and stay cyber-safe. We are seeing a substantial increase in phishing scam activities in the managed client accounts and across the overall cyberspace. According to the cybersecurity experts, hackers often use popular news topics and fear to increase the chances that victims will open phishing emails, hand over sensitive credentials, and download computer viruses or other malware. A few tips to keep in mind as you telework:
- DO NOT click on any links in emails regarding COVID-19 that you do not recognize.
- DO NOT click on ads or social media posts regarding COVID-19, since they may be fake and contain malicious content.
- DO always consult with your IT security and/or your marketing management team to verify the source.
- DO look for information regarding COVID-19 at the official sites of the World Health Organization (WHO) or the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC).
Stay safe. Stay positive.
We will power through this together.